Rostelecom provided stable quality telecommunications services to the Russian public under increased load requirements during the New Year holidays. Over the periods from December 31 through January 1 and from January 6 through January 7 Russian public made altogether over 135 million domestic long-distance and international calls.
Rostelecom implemented a major internal project aimed at optimizing processes related to collecting, processing and delivery of external reporting statements of the Company itself and its affiliates. The project implementation made it possible to achieve substantial automation of back-office functions related to accounting reports generation and provision of certified information in the electronic form.
Gazpromneft and Rostelecom signed a strategic partnership agreement in the innovative development and Industrial Internet.
Rostelecom commissioned an automated weight and dimension measurement system for surveillance of the traffic of heavy-weight and big dimension trucks on motorways in the Nizhegorodskaya region.
Rostelecom and Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science (Rosobrnadzor) executed a governmental contract for provision of video-surveillance services during the General Final State Exams in the Russian Federation in 2017.
Rostelecom completed deployment of the initial stage of the credit score management system in order to promptly evaluate customer credit risks. The system implements the entire credit management cycle completely covering customer or counterparty relations starting from making a contract and until termination of relations. The implemented system enables decision-making based on statistically significant data analyzed using Big Data intelligence tools.
Rostelecom provided capacities of the high-speed fiber link in Kamchatka Area to the Big Three mobile operators.
Rostelecom Board of Directors appointed Mr. Mikhail Oseevskiy the Company new President. Mr. M. Oseevskiy’s term in office started on March 4, 2017 and will last for 5 years.
Rostelecom completed massive-scale implementation of the nationwide last mile deployment management system for Â2Â customers. The project was implemented on the basis of the domestic products – Hermes platform.
Rostelecom installed a face identification video-surveillance system in sports facilities in Khanty-Mansiysk involved in all-Russia sports competitions to be held in 2017.
Rostelecom put in commercial operation a comprehensive infrastructure solution "A single geodata information space" – an instrument of information support for taking managerial decisions in any thematic scope, of any scale and level from municipal and regional agencies to federal executive authorities
OOO "RTÑ – Data Center" was made a single center of Rostelecom competencies as regards development, operation and provision of services of commercial data centers and cloud services (IssS, SaaS, etc.)
Rostelecom's corporate venture fund "KommIT Capital" made investments in Raidics corporation – a Russian developer of software for data storage systems
Rostelecom's venture fund "KommIT Capital" invested about 100 mln. rubles in the company "Brain4Net", Russia's leading developer in the sphere of management of carrier-grade data networks and virtualization of network functions
PJSC "Bashinformsvyaz", a subsidiary of Rostelecom, signed a contract for acquisition of telecommunication assets of the Morton Corporate Group
Rostelecom launched a specialized federal anti-corruption portal nocorruption.rt.ru intended for employees and partners of the Company.
Kuanyshbek Yesekeev, Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Kazakhtelecom, and Sergey Kalugin, President of PJSC Rostelecom, signed a memorandum on strategic cooperation between the two companies
"Rostelecom Contact-center" started customer support through the popular messaging service Telegram
Rostelecom completed construction and installation works as well as pre-commissioning procedures with regard to upgrade of a core network in Magadan and a submarine backbone at the Sakhalin-Magadan section. Startup of the second stage of construction of FOCL Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan
Rostelecom completed upgrade of a Single Personal Account (SPA) which was schemed following a detailed study of users' preferences. Over 8 million subscribers of the Company have signed up as users of the Single Personal Account after April, 2016
Rostelecom opened a "green corridor" which allows to formalize allocation of communication cables
In Saint-Petersburg Rostelecom started connection of objects under construction to an integrated communication service
Rostelecom launched the "Interactive TV" service in the Republic of Ingushetia
Rostelecom offers a comprehensive solution for Interactive TV broadcasting in hotels
A registration certificate was issued by Rospatent to Rostelecom's proprietary product RusGIS ("A single geodata information space") Rostelecom ensured uninterrupted broadcasting of the Unified State Exam in 2016 during the entire period of its duration
Rostelecom launched an application to enable viewing InteractiveTV on smartphones. Free applications are already available in AppStore and Google Play for installation.
The service targets both large corporate and governmental customers and medium and small businesses likewise. The service is offered throughout entire Russia
On 1 August 2016 a new TV Channel BUM-TV started to be broadcast in Rostelecom cable TV networks in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Even now the channel potential audience is in excess of 10 million people, and in future people living in other Russian cities can join the audience
Beta-version of the Signle Public Service Portal migrated to the principle domain www.gosuslugi.ru. Commercial operation of the beta version of the public service portal was launched in June 2014 and gained wide popularity among users. For instance, while in late 2014 the new portal monthly visiting rate was about 180 thousand of unique users, some 1.5 million unique users visited the portal in 1H2016
Rostelecom in-house product – RusGIS (Common information space of geodata) is included in the Unified Register of Russian software. The order to this effect was signed by Nikolay Nikiforov, the Russian Minister of Communications and Mass Media
Rostelecom completed construction of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan submarine cable line. The landing station infrastructure in Kamchatka is fully ready for service
Rostelecom offered to its basic service subscribers in 65 Russian regions an opportunity to activate an additional service – mobile communications, therefore proposing a comprehensive telecommunications solution for all locations, both at home or in the office and beyond likewise. Rostelecom is capable of becoming the sole provider of telecom services to families and businesses offering fixed-line telephony, high speed Internet access, TV< mobile communications and various optional services
Rostelecom launched trial-commercial operation of a new service for corporate and governmental customers called Managed Wi-Fi. It is a solution for provisioning wireless visitor access supporting user authorization in compliance with Russian law. Rostelecom offers this service as complementary to its Internet access offerings
Rostelecom won the first prize as Best package offer from PayTV operator of the national award Golden Ray in satellite, cable and Internet TV. The award-giving ceremony took place on 26 October 2016 in Moscow
- December 2016
Rostelecom completed implementation of a project for deployment of intelligence data warehouse for processing data of the interconnection system and enabling generation of reports required by an operator in order to make key decisions for development of B2B, B2C and B2O sectors in the voice market segment.
Rostelecom successfully fought off DDoS-attacks targeting 5 major banks and financial organizations in Russia.
Internet Development Institute (IRI), PJSC “Rostelecom” and National Association of Industrial Internet presented evaluation guidelines and criteria to be used as the basis for the future Russian Smart Cities rating.
Rostelecom completed activities aimed at creating the Unified Geo-Information System under the contract with the Nenets Information and Intelligence Center. The contract value totaled 13.8 million rubles.
Rostelecom in association with Sberbank of Russia closed the first transaction for creating a commercial real estate sub-fund in the form of a joint-venture with the authorized capital of 4 billion rubles.
The Kamchatka – Sakhalin – Magadan fibre-optic line passes its environmental review
Rostelecom’s high corporate social responsibility rating confirmed as AA(s)
Rostelecom begins testing access points as part of its project to eliminate digital inequality
Rostelecom increased its share in the registered capital of the company GlobalTel up to 100% thus obtaining full control over Globalstar - exclusive global mobile satellite communications carrier operating in Russia
Rostelecom signed a contract with the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation for operation of 'e-government' infrastructure for the year 2015
Rîstelecom launched a special purpose federal portal "Rostelecom – Realty" at which information is available about all immovable property of the Company offered for sale and rental
The project of laying a fiber-îptic communication link "Êàmchatka – Sakhalin – Ìàgadan", carried out by Rostelecom, successfully went through expert review
Rîstelecom successfully repulsed DDos-àttacks on 'smotriege.ru' portal during the first examination of the main stage of the Unified National Exam
The International rating agency Fitch Ratings confirmed the Company's issuer default rating ("IDR") as "ÂBB-"
Rostelecom started installation of the submarine FOCL Êàmchatka – Sakhalin – Ìàgadan
Rostelecom implemented a domestically-made network construction management system
Rostelecom completed the first construction stage of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan submarine cable system
Rostelecom streamlined logistics and warehousing facilities
For the first time ever Rostelecom became a partner in shooting a Russian movie
Rostelecom increased its interest in the JV with BGTRK up to 41%. The Company will acquire ordinary shares of JSC TsTV valued at 2 billion rubles of a new share issue. The proceeds from the deal will be mainly invested in the JV business development in Latin America countries
Rostelecom is going to acquire IQMEN IBS Russian Big Data software developing company. Rostelecom Board of Directors approved a deal to buy 75% of shares in CJSC IQMEN IBS, developing a platform to use Big Data technologies. The deal value will total 525 million rubles
Beta-version of Rostelecom’s gaming portal Games.rt.ru was launched. The Portal resides on the basis of the Company National Cloud Platform and is available to computer gamers everywhere in the world where Internet can be accessed. Rostelecom game business is developed by a special purpose Venture Product Department of the Company which implements the fast way to the market strategy for explosively growing high-tech markets
Rosenergoatom and Rostelecom wick deploy Russia’s largest Data Center. Rostelecom Board of Directors approved terms and conditions of an agreement with JSC Concern Rosenergoatom for construction of Russia’s largest Data Center (DC). Under the agreement Rostelecom will rent for 30 years buildings and facilities to deploy a DC with 4 thousand rack capacity
Rostelecom provided over 300 million Russian households with an opportunity to get connected to high-speed Internet on the basis of fiber technologies, evidencing Rostelecom unrivalled leadership in internet access development market
Rostelecom on its RT.RU website launched online payment service using MasterCard® and Visa®cards
- January: Rostelecom opens internet cafe in “Gorki” Olympic media centre in Sochi, provides telecommunication services to Sochi Media Centre and opens internet cafes in Olympic villages. More than 10,000 people go online at all sites with Rostelecom internet access.
- January – February: Rostelecom networks carry over 1 mln gigabytes of Olympic traffic.
- February: Rostelecom wins exclusive rights to carry popular movie channel Paramount Channel.
- March: Rostelecom broadcasts Paralympic Games on Live Site Sochi 2014.
Russian Government Ordinance No.437 dated 26th March 2014 vests responsibility for providing universal communication services throughout the Russian Federation in OJSC Rostelecom.
- April: Rostelecom completes the construction of Nothern optical flow – communication backbone which runs from Ekaterinburg through Khanty-Mansiysk, Surgut, Noyabrsk, Novy Urengoy to Salekhard. The speed of Internet access grew 4-10 times.
- May:The Federal Communications Agency (Rosvsyaz) and OJSC Rostelecom sign a 10-year contract on the provision of universal communication services. To eliminate digital inequality the Company will provide internet access points with a data transmission speed of at least 10 Mbit/s in over 13,600 settlements (with a population of between 250 and 500) throughout the country. Around 200,000 km of new fibre-optic telecommunications lines are to be laid.
Rostelecom completes work on a CCTV system for use during the 2014 United State Examination and begins coverage of the first exam in the main examination period. As stipulated in the contract, Rostelecom experts tested and installed hardware-software systems in more than 3,081 locations, including examination halls and regional data processing centres.
During the St.Petersburg International Economic Forum Rostelecom announces the launch of the beta version of its Sputnik search engine platform, focussed on socially important internet services.
- June: Rostelecom makes a total saving of 4,896,459,129 rubles on its procurement budget from January through May 2014. Having adopted a programme aimed at boosting competition in its procurement operations, the Company sees an overall increase in the number of suppliers bidding in tenders, including small businesses. Economic benefits are achieved through additional savings as a result of genuine competition and by abandoning the use of intermediaries.
- July: Rostelecom completes testing of its powerful new CR class IP/MPLS hub network equipment. The testing programme involved leading international telecoms equipment manufacturers. The Company also begins testing its RGR class IP/MPLS PE hub router and CG-NAT devices used for transmitting network addresses at the communications network operator level.
The CCTV system organized by Rostelecom for the 2014 United State Examination operates satisfactorily during the additional examination period in all regions of the country.
- August: Rostelecom announces the completion of the second and concluding phase of a deal with Tele2 Russia to create a new nationwide mobile phone operator. As a result of the deal, Rostelecom transfers all its mobile assets to the JV. Following the appropriate amendments to the JV’s founding documents Rostelecom’s share in the JV amounts to 45%.
- March – May: Rostelecom launches commercial operation of 3G+ network in Perm, Penza and Volgograd Regions of Volga Federal District
- April: first presentation by Rostelecom of new cloud services for small and medium enterprises, based on proprietary 07.com National Cloud Platform. Rostelecom successfully launches integrated cloud services such as 1S: Enterprise, Microsoft Virtual Office and CRM Systems
- June: Rostelecom launches first fragment of LTE network in Sochi
- 26 June 2013: extraordinary meeting of shareholders takes decision on reorganization of OJSC Rostelecom through takeover of OJSC Svyazinvest plus 20 other companies. The same month, Rostelecom’s board approves an additional ordinary share issue as part of Phase 2 of the reorganization
- August: successful completion of CDN network with access nodes in 30 major Russian cities
- September: Rostelecom signs strategic cooperation agreement with Russia’s Sberbank. Third-generation mobile communication networks launched in 22 regions
- October – November: Rostelecom announces completion of Phase 2 of reorganization
- December: Rostelecom board approves merger of cellular phone assets with Tele2 Russia. Shareholders support reorganization of company through spinoff of CJSC RT Mobile
- Rostelecom signs cooperation agreements with OJSC Mobile TeleSystems, Yevroset and Svyaznoy
- Rostelecom acquires 75% + 1 share in GNC Alfa
- March 2012: Russian President signs decree on reorganization of Rostelecom through takeover of OJSC Svyazinvest
- July: Rostelecom increases stake in Skyline to 100%
- On eve of Sochi Forum Rostelecom launches dedicated IT centre
- November 2012: Rostelecom’s broadband services client base exceeds 9 million
- Rostelecom raises its stakes in CJSC Volgograd – GSM and Orenburg – GSM to 100%
- Rostelecom joins international consortium to create Europe-Persia Express Gateway (EPEG) fibre-optic cable system
- 12 May 2011: Rostelecom shares begin trading on MICEX stock exchange
- Rostelecom acquires 39.87% of ordinary shares of Bashinformsvyaz
- Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s rating to BB+ with stable outlook
- Rostelecom and Yota sign agreement on joint development of 4G networks
- January 2010: Rostelecom was declared a competition winner of all-Russia “Goszakaz-2010” exhibition forum
- Launch of Chelyabinsk – Khabarovsk FOCL
- Rostelecom ordinary shares begin trading in US OTCQX over-the-counter electronic trading system
- 26 June: decision taken on reorganization of Rostelecom
- Standard & Poor’s assigns Rostelecom long-term corporate credit rating of BB with stable outlook
- April 2009: Rostelecom wins Brand of the Year / EFFIE 2008 award
- May 2009: Rostelecom launches new Petrozavodsk - Murmansk FOCL
- September 2009: Rostelecom launches Electronic Government project
- December 2009: Rostelecom declared General Partner of 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- December 2009: Rostelecom ADRs delisted on New York Stock Exchange
- Rostelecom joins Top-100 in annual rating of most mentioned brands in Russian segment of the internet, published by Webscan Technologies
- Rating agency Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s long-term credit rating from BB- to BB with stable outlook.
- June 2008: Rostelecom completes new Moscow - Yartsevo – Smolensk – Gusino FOCL
- July 2008: first line of Phase 1 of new Kingisepp – Luga – Pskov – Smolensk – Moscow FOCL launched
- September 2008: RJCN subsea cable communication system between Russia and Japan launched
- January 2007: Rostelecom commissions Skovorodino-Aldan-Yakutsk FOCL
- July 2007: Rostelecom and leading Chinese operator China Telecom sign agreement on exchange of internet traffic
- Rostelecom receives Telephone Communications Operator prize from Russian Ministry of Information Technologies and Communication
- March 2006: Rostelecom launches first all-Russian network of sales and customer service centres
- Rostelecom completes organization of ring protection of DWDM network in European part of Russia
- June 2006: Rostelecom completes deal to acquire CJSC Zebra Telecom
- July-November 2006: Rostelecom launches Chelyabinsk–Tyumen, Nazran–Grozny, and Vologda-Issad FOCLs and completes construction of digital radio relay link between Kirov and Syktyvkar.
- November 2005: Rostelecom joins list of 100 Best Customer Orientated Companies
- Rostelecom and Japanese Bank of International Cooperation (JBIC) sign loan agreement
- January 2005: RID-Expert RA consortium assigns “Class A” to Rostelecom. In February, Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s long-term credit rating from B to B+. The same year, Euromoney magazine names Rostelecom “Corporate Governance Leader”.
- Autumn 2005: launch of high-speed digital Ufa-Orenburg FOCL
- Standard & Poor’s rating agency assigns corporate governance rating of 6.4 to Rostelecom. At the end of the year, the company is awarded first place amongst Russian companies for information transparency
- Rostelecom and China Telecom sign agreement to build cable communication system between Russia and China
- Rostelecom launches Kaliningrad – Gvardeysk – Sovetsk FOCL
- Completion of international Russia – Azerbaijan FOCL. The same year, the throughput capacity of the Moscow – Samara and Moscow – Novosibirsk sections is expanded.
- Rostelecom begins reconstruction and expansion of Moscow – Samara section of Moscow – Novosibirsk line, and of Moscow – Novorossiysk and Moscow – St.Petersburg – Kingisepp lines, using DWDM technology
- Completion of Phase 1 of Baltic Cable System jointly with Telia
- Completion of Russia – Kazakhstan FOCL
- Operational start-up of second phase of Samara – Saratov – Volgograd FOCL
- Completion of launch of terrestrial stations of Rostelecom’s satellite communications network using new-generation LKMI-1 communication satellite to serve remote and hard-to-access regions of Russia
- Rostelecom takes over OJSC Long-Distance and International Telephone (MMT)
- Operational start-up of Rostov on Don - Lugansk FOCL
- Completion of Trans-Russian Moscow – Khabarovsk FOCL
- Rostelecom joins Standardization Sector of International Telecommunications Union
- Commercial launch of Russia – Ukraine and Russia – Belorussia FOCLs
- Rostelecom issues American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) with listing on New York Stock Exchange
- Company launches programme to commission exchange using new-generation LMI-1 communications satellite to serve remote and hard-to-reach regions of Russia.
- Rostelecom becomes a member of the Telecommunication Operators Board of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications
- Rostelecom begins work on Russia – Ukraine and Russia – Belorussia fibre-optic lines
- Completion of fibre-optic communications system with link to Finland
- Commissioning of Central International and Intercity Communications Complex
- Work begins on Central International and Intercity Communications Complex
- Rostelecom completes construction of Eastern Communications Complex
- Rostelecom launches construction of Southern International Communications Complex
- 23 September 1993: Incorporation of open joint stock company Rostelecom
- Commercial start-up of subsea digital fibre-optic communication line (FOCL) between Denmark and Russia and, slightly later, the Moscow – Khabarovsk Trans-Siberian digital radio relay link